Are you interested in studying for a Master’s degree in the UK, fully funded by the UK government? Did you know that 200 Commonwealth Masters Scholarships are available each year for students from eligible countries?
If you believe that your study will contribute to your personal development, then this scholarship may be for you. Don’t miss this opportunity of attending an exclusive program at one of the best universities in the UK!
Commonwealth Masters Scholarships
The UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) is now taking applications for its 2022/2023 Common Wealth Master’s Scholarships from candidates from eligible Commonwealth countries.
Commonwealth Masters Scholarships are for full-time Master’s study at a UK university for students from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries.
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO), and it enables outstanding and motivated students to achieve the knowledge and skills set essential for sustainable development and are targeted at those who would not be financially able to study in the UK otherwise. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Commonwealth Masters Scholarships Eligibility
- You have to be a British Protected Person or at least a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country who has been granted refugee status.
- You must be a permanent resident of any of the Commonwealth countries that qualify;
- You must be ready to begin your academic studies in the UK by September 2022, which is the start of the UK academic year;
- Hold an upper second class (2:1) honors degree or a second class degree (2:2) plus an appropriate postgraduate diploma (typically a Master’s degree) by September 2022. A second Master’s degree in the United Kingdom would not generally be funded by the CSC. If you’re applying for a second Masters degree in the United Kingdom, you’ll need to write an SOP, ie, explain why you want to study in the UK.
- Without this scholarship, you would be unable to pay to study in the United Kingdom;
- All supporting documentation has been given in the proper format.
Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Lesotho, Fiji, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Sierra Leone, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Malawi, Bangladesh, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, St Helena, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Rwanda, Tanzania, The Gambia, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships Benefits
Each scholarship provides:
- Approved round-trip airfare from your home country to the United Kingdom and back at the conclusion of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed).
- Fees for tuition have been approved.
- Stipend or living expenses stipend of £1,133 a month for students attending universities in the London metropolitan zone, or £1,390 for those attending universities outside of London (rates quoted at 2021-2022 levels).
- Allowance for warm clothing, if applicable.
- A thesis grant is awarded to aid with the expenditures of preparing a thesis or dissertation, if applicable.
- A study travel grant can be used to pay for study-related travel both inside the UK and abroad. If you are a widow, divorced, or single parent, you are entitled to a child allowance of £485 per month for the first child and £120 per month for the 2nd and 3rd child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they, will be living with you at the same address in the United Kingdom (rates quoted at 2021-2022 levels).
- If you declare a handicap, the CSC will undertake a thorough evaluation of your circumstances to see if you qualify for additional financial support. The CSC’s family allowances are simply meant to help with the costs of keeping your family in the United Kingdom. The true expenses are almost certainly much higher. Any family members who accompany you to the UK must be able to complement these allowances.
READ ALSO: How to Study in Canada Without IELTS
Commonwealth Masters Scholarships Selection Criteria
The following selection criteria will be used to evaluate applications:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the plan of study
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
How to Apply for Commonwealth Masters Scholarships
Because the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships, you must first submit an application to one of the nominating authorities listed below:
- National nominating agencies– this is the main route of application
- Selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies
Each nominating group or organization is responsible for its own selection process, which may include additional eligibility criteria. For comprehensive application instructions and restrictions, as well as their own qualifying criteria and application dates, check with your nominating body.
Please feel free to use the comment box below to ask us any questions you may have about Commonwealth Masters Scholarships. We will be delighted to respond to you.
RECOMMENDED: 10 Tuition Free Universities in USA
This knowledge can be shared with your relatives and friends since it will be beneficial to someone. Please share it with your friends on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Whatsapp, or by email. To do so, click the share buttons.