This article provides a useful guide on the best way to download Microsoft Excel online for free. Excel is part of the Microsoft 365 suite of programs, is the most capable spreadsheet program available.
Excel will transform your data into useful information. You can use it to track data and discover trends, create tables to assist visualize the data, perform sophisticated mathematical operations, or just collect data and make lists.
Excel has fantastic resources to teach you how to write formulas, pivot tables, and more because it has so many capabilities.
While it’s usually a paid subscription, I’ll teach you how to get it and the rest of the Microsoft 365 suite for free for 30 days.
How to Download Excel (Microsoft 365) for Free
Click the Download button below, then follow the prompts in the steps below to download Microsoft 365 office suite.
- Tap the link “Try it Free for a Month.”
- After that, you must click the Free Sign Up option.
- You can log in immediately if you have a Microsoft account, but the free trial is only available to those who have never purchased an Office subscription. If this is the case, click the Create Account link and create a new account with a different email address before continuing. All you need is a valid email address and a password to create an account.
- Even though you won’t be paid until the end of your 30-day free trial, Microsoft requires you to input payment information. Click the Next button to continue.
- You have three alternatives for payment: credit or debit card, PayPal, or mobile phone. After you’ve decided on the best option for you, a secure payment page will appear.
- Click the Save button after entering your payment details.
- Finally, click the Subscribe button.
- The validity of the card or PayPal account will be verified by Microsoft 365. Press the Continue button once the confirmation is complete.
- When you click the Download Desktop Apps button, a new tab with your new Microsoft dashboard 11 will open. The final step is to press the Install Office button, which will download the excel file to your computer automatically.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the file to install Excel, as well as all other Microsoft365 programs, on your computer.
Advantages of Using the Excel 365 App
Although most functions remain the same, if you upload a workbook and view it in the browser, you may see these variations.
- Some controls, such as ActiveX, make it impossible to access a workbook online.
- While you can edit spreadsheets with data validation on the web, you can’t set it up.
- Not all typefaces will look the same on your screen. A different font will be used if the workbook utilizes a font that you don’t have on your computer.
- The web browser will not display legacy macro functionality.
- The redo and undo functions will not operate if numerous persons are logged into a workbook.
- Workbooks that are password-protected or encrypted will not open on a browser; however, if only a worksheet is password-protected, it can be seen online.
Step by Step Guide: Sign Up for Free Access to Excel 365
- Go to the Office website by clicking the DOWNLOAD button in the sidebar. (You will be redirected to the Office website rather than downloading anything.)
- If you don’t already have a Microsoft account, click the SIGN IN option.
- Enter your Microsoft account login information here if you have one. Click the CREATE AN ACCOUNT option if you don’t already have one.
- Click NEXT after entering the email address you want to be connected with the account. Because you’ll need to authenticate it, it must be a valid email address.
- Click NEXT after you’ve created your password.
- A verification code will be emailed to you – Enter it here and press the NEXT button.
- Enter the Captcha and click NEXT to prove you’re not a robot.
- It’s as simple as that! The Office 365 browser apps will be redirected to you. To get started, go to Excel.
Additional Microsoft 365 Apps
Microsoft 365 includes 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage for each user, in addition to a superb range of productivity software.
Word: The gold standard in word processing, Word includes a slew of useful tools, including grammar and spell check, formatting options, a large font library, and templates for anything from resumes to marketing documents.
PowerPoint: You can be as creative as you want with PowerPoint or use a pre-made template. Whatever option you select, PowerPoint will assist you in creating a professional-looking presentation. There is no limit to how many slides you may have in a presentation, and you can utilize animations and transitions to help make them more engaging.
Outlook: With Outlook, you can manage your calendar, to-do lists, meeting scheduler, and email all in one place. You may send emails from different accounts with the program, so you just need one app to send personal and business emails.
Is there a free version of Excel?
All you need is a Microsoft account to use Excel for the Web for free. Excel 365 also comes with a free 30-day trial edition that may be downloaded and used without charge.
How do I cancel my Excel Account?
To cancel Excel, log in to your Microsoft account, click on your avatar in the upper right corner > My Account > Manage (under the credit card details) > Cancel Excel. Cancel.
Can I download Excel and not Word?
Excel 365, unlike Excel 2016, is part of the Microsoft 365 bundle and hence is not a stand-alone application. If you want Excel, you’ll have to get the whole package. If you want to get it for a smartphone or tablet, however, you may simply download Excel.
Are Excel passwords secure?
While they are secure, you may make them even more secure by encrypting the workbook or worksheet with AES 128-bit encryption, which virtually guarantees that no one can see your spreadsheets.
Can Excel open CSV files?
One of the distinctions between Excel and Excel for the Web is this. CSV files can be opened in the downloadable version of Excel 365, but not in the browser-based Excel.